My birthday is on June 14 (which I share with Flag Day and a certain POTUS), and I think the combination of the usual birthday reflection and approaching the mid-point of the year always makes me particularly pensive. I remember everything I thought I'd do in January, I take stock of how the year has gone so far (hint: I'm usually not a resolute resolutions person), and I think about the second half of the year that is rapidly approaching.
What I usually don't do is write about it, but enough has happened so far this year that I think it's worth it to do a recap.
- Honestly, it was a blur (see: January)
- I do remember painting an apartment a full month before we moved in
- Also Ali and her mom planned ~80% of the wedding in a week. It was incredible.
- Vacation in Europe! (Budapest and Paris are lovely)
- We moved back to Tampa! (~48 hours after returning from Europe)
- I drove a 16ft moving truck! (I hate driving, a lot of personal growth happened that day)
- Got settled in
- Learned a ton of React Native
- Became a bit of a recluse
- Made a lot of progress on Uptime
- Realized that gathering addresses for wedding invitations is a painful process
- Started getting hyped for the World Cup waaaaaay too early
- Completed my VFA Fellowship
- World Cup!
- Left my job (more on that later)
- Re-built my site in GatsbyJS
- Started freelancing (more on that later)
- Uptime advanced to the finals of Alabama Launchpad
So yeah, a lot has happened. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year has in store. In particular, this is what I think will be the major points:
- Getting married in September(!)
- Honeymoon in Lisbon
- Continuing to work on Uptime Dynamics
- Continuing to build a client base for my freelance work (contact me if you'd like to work together!)
- Looking for the right full-time opportunity (seriously, let's grab coffee)